Boating Accident Lawyer in Chandler, Arizona
Soaring temperatures in Arizona cause many locals to flock to the water to cool off. Those who own boats have the opportunity to enjoy relaxing afternoons on the lake. Unfortunately, just like crowded roadways, lakes and other bodies of water can become congested with boaters.
Arizona experienced just under 100 serious boat accidents that led to seven deaths and numerous life-changing injuries, according to a recent U.S. Coast Guard report on boating accidents. If you have suffered an injury due to a boating accident or have a loved one that lost his or her life in a boating accident, Chandler personal injury lawyer Jared Everton can help you with your case.
Boat Accidents in Chandler, Arizona
Some of the most common types of boating accidents that occur in and around Chandler, Arizona each year include:
- Collisions: The impact of two boats colliding can result in injuries similar to a car accident. Boats do not have many important safety features which increase the risk of injuries.
- Drowning: Boat operators and all occupants are required by law to wear lifejackets to protect against drowning in the event that a boat sinks. If the boat owner or an occupant does not wear a lifejacket and drowns, the owner could be held liable.
- Operating Under the Influence (OUI): When a boat operator drives a boat under the influence, it is similar to a car accident that occurs under the influence. The boat owner and/or operator may be charged with an OUI for any damages or injuries incurred.
- Wake-Related Incidents: Vessels can create wakes that grow larger as the vessel propels forward. Some areas of the water are referred to as “no-wake zones.” If too much wake is created in these areas, swimmers and other boaters are put at risk.
Compensation for Victims of Boat Accidents in Chandler, Arizona
If you are a victim of a boating accident in Arizona, you may be eligible for compensation. It takes the expertise and skill of a Chandler boat accident lawyer to understand what damages you have incurred and how much you could potentially receive in a payout.
When navigating a personal injury case, all damages must be considered, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You may be entitled to compensation from a boating accident if you experienced any of the following damages:
- Medical Costs: The boat operator and/or owner may be liable for any medical expenses accumulated by victims of the boating accident.
- Lost Wages: Clients who suffer boating accidents may be forced to take time off from work to recover. The boat driver may be responsible for paying these lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims of boating accidents often experience physical and emotional pain. This pain and suffering may occur in the form of depression, PTSD, or anxiety.
- Property Damage: Similar to cars, boats can be expensive to repair and replace. If your boat or other property is damaged due to the action of another boat driver, that person may be liable for this damage.
- Punitive Damages: If a boat driver’s actions are deemed extremely reckless and displayed a disregard for the safety of others, a victim may be awarded punitive damages.
Seek Legal Assistance
If you are a victim of a boating accident in Arizona, experienced personal injury lawyer Jared Everton can provide swift assistance. Our Chandler legal team has been helping clients obtain fair and just compensation for nearly 20 years.