Car Accident Lawyer in Chandler, Arizona
Even if you have never been involved in a car accident yourself, odds are you know someone who has. Auto accidents can range from minor fender bends that cause mild injuries to more extensive collisions that result in significant and long-lasting injuries, lost income, and costly property damage. Due to the extent of damages that vehicle accidents can cause, it’s important to speak with a Chandler car accident lawyer who will act in your best interest and take the necessary steps to help recover damages.
Importance of Acquiring a Car Accident Lawyer
Victims involved in car accidents are often under the impression that the insurance company will completely cover the collision. Many individuals are unaware of the true costs associated with car accidents and may not have adequate protection. To ensure that they receive the compensation they need for a full recovery, many victims seek help from an experienced Chandler car accident lawyer.
A car accident lawyer can help clients determine liability. In the case of vehicle accidents, one driver is often found negligent due to improper action while driving, such as texting, talking on the phone, driving under the influence, or speeding. When you partner with a Chandler car accident lawyer, you can rest assured that your legal team will undergo an extensive investigation to find who was at fault in the collision. A lawyer can also help you get the compensation you are entitled to for damages.
Car accident lawyers perform a variety of tasks in personal injury cases, such as:
- Evaluation of claims
- Collecting evidence
- Filing claims
- Mediating with insurance companies and opposing counsel
- Negotiation of settlements
What to Do If You’ve Been in a Vehicle Accident
It’s normal to feel upset and shocked in the aftermath of a vehicle accident. You may be overwhelmed and unsure of what steps to take next. To protect your health and finances, there are several things you should do when involved in a car accident.
1. Get Medical Help – Even if you do not think that your injuries are serious, it’s better to be safe than sorry and undergo a medical evaluation. Due to the shock of a collision, some people may not realize the extent of their injuries right away. Immediately following the incident, visit a doctor for a full examination and treatment if needed. Your physician can provide you with documentation of your injuries that can act as evidence if you choose to file a claim.
2. Collect Information – There are several things that you should do while on the scene of a car accident. First, exchange insurance information with the other driver. Next, take photographs of the outside and inside of both vehicles, as well as the surrounding area. Write down any important information that may be of use later, such as if the airbags in either car were deployed.
3. Talk to Witnesses – When you get into a vehicle accident, there is always a chance that another person saw what happened. This could be another driver who pulled over to help or a pedestrian who might be walking nearby. If possible, collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of these witnesses so that you can contact them later on for more information or to testify in court.
Damages in a Chandler Car Accident Case
The main objective of any car accident lawsuit is to provide the victim with the compensation they deserve for the damages they incurred. Depending on the severity of the accident, a victim could be dealing with long-lasting repercussions like whiplash, broken bones, and potential brain damage and paralysis. If another driver is found responsible for your injuries, you could be entitled to a payout.
Some of the most common damages involved in Chandler car accident cases include:
- Medical Costs: Your Chandler car accident lawyer may help you get compensation for past, present, and future medical costs stemming from your injuries. Treatments covered may include physical therapy, surgeries, and assistive devices.
- Loss of Wages: When a person is involved in a serious vehicle accident, they may have injuries that impact their ability to work or forces them to cut their work hours. Compensation for loss of wages may apply to current and future income.
- Pain and Suffering: When damages from a car accident extend past physical trauma to emotional trauma, a victim may claim pain and suffering. A car accident lawyer may help you get compensation for psychological or emotional damage.
- Wrongful Death: If you have a loved one that was killed due to the negligence of another driver, your family may be entitled to compensation.
Call a Chandler Car Accident Lawyer Today
Don’t trust your car accident case to just anyone. With many years of experience and a knowledgeable legal team by his side, Jared Everton is ready to represent you in your personal injury case. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you or schedule a no-obligation consultation.