Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Chandler, Arizona
Motorcycle accidents often get a bad rap with many people who deem bikers as irresponsible or reckless. In reality, motorists often put motorcycle riders at risk by performing actions that cause riders to collide with vehicles or fall off their bikes. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are often severe as riders have less protection than drivers. Victims involved in motorcycle accidents must go through the necessary steps to protect their rights and pursue the compensation they deserve.
Reasons to Hire a Chandler Lawyer for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Experiencing a motorcycle accident can be a scary experience. In the aftermath of an accident, you may be tempted to resolve the situation quickly by settling with the insurance company directly. The truth is that collisions involving motorcycles are often serious and may result in costly medical expenses and severe injuries. To prevent an unfair outcome, many motorcycle accident victims seek assistance from a personal injury lawyer. Here are some reasons why motorcycle accident victims should contact an experienced Chandler car accident lawyer:
- Determine Cause: There are many factors that can contribute to a motorcycle accident, such as poor weather conditions like heavy rain and snow. Motorcycle accidents can also occur due to uneven roads, potholes, loose sand and gravel, and visibility problems. Accidents can also occur due to negligence or driver errors. Motorcyclists can become injured when a motorist stops suddenly or when a parked car opens its door. Bikers may also suffer injuries when a driver uses a car under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Hiring a Chandler motorcycle accident attorney can ensure that all of your bases are covered.
- Negotiate with the Insurance Company: Negotiating with insurance companies can be a frustrating and overwhelming experience. Insurance companies will often try to settle with victims for the lowest amount possible. Oftentimes, the settlement amount is not enough to cover lost wages, medical expenses, and other damages. Hiring a Chandler car accident lawyer to negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf can help ensure that you are not taken advantage of by the provider.
- Provide Guidance: When navigating a motorcycle accident case, riders will often encounter negative perceptions from people who believe that bikers are reckless drivers that take unnecessary risks on the road. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will help uncover the truth and correct these negative impressions to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your damages. Your lawyer will gather witness testimonials, driving records, and other evidence to present in court to put you in the best light possible.
Damages in Chandler Motorcycle Accidents
Victims involved in motorcycle accidents are often burdened with high medical expenses and a long physical and emotional recovery. To help offset these damages, a victim may be entitled to a significant payout. In personal injury cases, a victim may be awarded two types of damages: special damages (damages that are capable of exact calculation) and other damages that are not capable of exact calculation.
- Damages capable of exact calculation: Special damages typically refer to the plaintiff’s past, present, and future lost wages, as well as a person’s earning capacity. In addition to a salary, this number may include the cost of employee benefits, medical expenses, and other financial losses that a person might face after a motorcycle accident. Working with a skilled Chandler motorcycle lawyer can increase your chance of negotiating a fair settlement as you recover from your injuries.
- Damages not capable of exact calculation: Some damages incurred during a motorcycle accident may not be easy to determine. With pain and suffering, for example, it can be hard to pinpoint a price. If a motorcycle accident case does go to trial, a judge will ask the jury to arrive at a fair compensation based on the client’s emotional and physical distress. An experienced Chandler car accident lawyer can negotiate on your behalf and come to a fair settlement.
Contact Our Chandler Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Victims of motorcycle accidents are likely to face a lot of challenges in the aftermath of a collision. The good news is that the right Chandler car accident lawyer can help limit your losses by getting you the compensation you need to recover. Our Chandler legal team will fight for your rights with both the insurance company and opposing counsel. Contact our office today to learn more about how we can help.