Truck Accident Lawyer in Chandler, Arizona
Vehicle accidents that involve trucks often result in more destruction than accidents that involve regular cars. In addition to being significantly larger than standard cars, commercial trucks are driven by individuals who frequently work long hours with not enough sleep. When truck accidents occur, the victims often suffer severe and long-lasting injuries, emotional distress, and property damage. Commercial truck accident cases pose certain challenges, making a Chandler personal injury lawyer a must-have.
Importance of Having a Chandler Truck Accident Lawyer
Injuries and property damage stemming from commercial truck accidents can be significant. Victims involved in these types of collisions often require extensive medical care and time off of work, sometimes lasting months or even years. Due to the complexity of these cases, victims require legal representatives that have expertise in this unique field. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider hiring a Chandler truck accident lawyer to assist with your case:
- Determine Liability: Establishing liability in a truck accident is not always easy. The fault could lie with the truck driver, the trucking company, or another motorist. There are many factors to consider when identifying what elements contributed to a truck accident, such as adverse weather conditions, whether the driver was tired or ill, or if the cargo was loaded improperly. Poor manufacturing or a lack of maintenance could also cause the truck to malfunction or break apart. Hiring an experienced truck accident lawyer can help increase your odds of reaching a satisfactory outcome.
- Negotiate with the Insurance Company: Dealing with the insurance company requires a strong stance and expertise in the industry. Insurers often try to make quick settlements that may not be in the best interest of the client. It is also not uncommon for insurance companies to pressure victims into accepting an offer that is far less than they deserve. By allowing a Chandler car accident attorney to take over negotiations with the insurance company, victims can focus on recovering both emotionally and physically.
- Provide Expert Advice: Trucking drivers and companies are legally required to follow rules and regulations established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Chandler truck accident lawyers are knowledgeable about these rules and standards and can help victims determine if these standards have been violated.
- Gather Critical Evidence: Evidence can make a big difference when navigating a complicated trucking accident case. In addition to gathering statements from witnesses, a Chandler car accident lawyer can obtain information like the driver’s qualifications and employment history. A lawyer can also request that the commercial vehicle undergo an inspection that includes examining the electronic control module (ECM) or “black box.”
Damages in Chandler Truck Accident Cases
Victims involved in truck accidents may suffer a wide range of damages. Some of the most common types of compensation that are awarded in truck accident cases include:
- Medical Expenses: Injuries from trucking accidents can be life-long. Damages recovered from a truck accident lawsuit can help cover the cost of medical services, such as medications, doctor visits, and surgeries.
- Lost Income: It’s common for truck accident victims to lose income due to an inability to work. Some victims may also face challenges securing employment in the future. A truck accident victim who has lost income may be eligible for compensation to recover these wages currently and in the future.
- Pain and Suffering: While many physical injuries heal quickly, emotional ones can take considerably longer. Truck accident victims often encounter months or even years of emotional trauma after a collision. It is the responsibility of a car accident attorney to determine the cost of pain and suffering.
- Loss of Enjoyment: Life can dramatically change after a truck accident. You may not be able to participate in activities that you once enjoyed and depression and other conditions like PTSD can set in. A Chandler car accident lawyer can help you seek compensation for these damages.
- Wrongful Death: Death is more common in commercial trucking accidents compared to other types of auto accidents due to the size and weight of the vehicle. If you have lost a loved one in a trucking accident, you may be facing unexpected medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost income. You may also have costs associated with a funeral and burial. A knowledgeable car accident lawyer can help you recover damages from a wrongful death claim.
Call a Chandler Truck Accident Lawyer
It’s important to leave your truck accident case in the hands of a skilled professional. The Chandler legal team has the experience and resources needed to thoroughly investigate your truck accident case and negotiate on your behalf. From determining fault to recovering medical expenses and lost income, you can trust our Chandler truck accident lawyer to work hard to get you optimal results. To learn more about our legal services, call us today or book your consultation online.